Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - New Styles and Music

Hey everyone! Here are my obsessions for this week.

#3 Growing My Hair Out For A New Style













I don't know what happened this week, but for some reason I suddenly decided I wanted to try a new hair style. I've been completely shaving my head for around two years. It's not that I don't like that drastic hair choice. It is low maintenance and I wear a lot of wigs anyway. However, not every outfit goes with that haircut if you want to still look feminine. If I don't want to wear a wig I can't just throw any outfit on.  I still wanted something edgy to do with my hair. Which is hard to do when your hair is curly. Then I remembered those hair styles where only one side of the head is shaved. That's a asymmetrical cut that seem to work for curly hair. So I'm going to start growing my hair out at least on one side. My goal is to start with the hair cut on the left and maybe end up with a curly version of the Natalie Dormer haircut on the right someday. Going to try the first hair style at the end of this week and see how it works.

#2 Reading The Graduate














I mentioned last week that I am in the mood to read quirky coming of age stories. It only made sense for me to finally get around to reading The Graduate. It's very interesting. A lot of the dialogue and scenes ended up in the movie, but there are a few things that aren't in the film that reveal new things about the main character Benjamin. However, Mrs. Robinson makes me angrier in the book than she does in the movie. She really does make everything about her. Grr! I'm only a third of the way through the book, so I'm curious to see how the other parts of the story are written.

#1 Joy Williams' Venus Album

I feel like I've been waiting for Joy Williams' new album Venus to be released for the longest time. It finally came out on Monday. I love it. It's has a cool style. It is very chill but has these wonderful almost tribal electronic beats as well. I love the mixture of all the instruments on it. Her vocals are my favorite part of the album. I love how she uses vocal dynamics. The songs are full of poetic imagery. I definitely love that because that is how I tend to write songs. Here are a few songs from the album.



No comments: