Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tunes for Tuesday - My Top 20 Female Vocalists

Hey all. I decided to return to my Music Listography book this week. I'm just in the mood to make lists lately. Here are my top 20 female vocalists. Some of them are from bands some are just great solo artists. This list is again in no particular order.

1. Madeliene Peyroux
2. Melody Gardot
3. Fiona Apple
4. Tori Amos
5. Eva Cassidy
6. Annie Lennox
7. Joni Mitchell
8. Alison Krauss
9. Kt Tunstall
10. Adele
11. Nina Simone
12. Joan Jett
13. Lorde
14. Ingrid Michealson
15. Sara Bareilles
16. Alison Sudol (A Fine Frenzy)
17. Florence Welch (Florence & The Machine)
18. Shirley Manson (Garbage)
19. Joy Williams (The Civil Wars)
20. Idina Menzel

I feel like I'm forgetting someone. Oh well, this is still a really good list. If I think of the one person I forgot I'll let you guys know, or I could just make a part two to this list. Who knows. See you guys later.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmm...don't know if I can come up with 20. My concentration is a little off today. But some of my favorites - no particular order, except for #1:

1. Tammi Terrell
2. Gladys Knight
3. Corinne Bailey Rae
4. Norah Jones
5. Ella Fitzgerald
6. Diana Krall
7. Melody Gardot
8. Alicia Keys
9. Carole King
10. Vanessa Carlton

Sure I could come up with more, but think I'll leave it at 10 for now.