Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - More Christmas Vinyl and Other Fun Stuff

Hey all. Here are the obsessions for the week. All of these made me super happy.

#3 How The Grinch Stole Christmas Dolls
















I often like to decorate my living room with fun holiday toys. This year I saw that Avon was selling Grinch themed stuffed dolls, and I thought they would be perfect for my decorating this year. I got them on Tuesday and they are adorable looking on my book shelf. I love displaying the book on the shelf during Christmas time, and this little grouping of the Grinch, Max, and Cindy Lou Who adds something special to the display. What is extra cute is that the Grinch one plays the song "Your A Mean One Mr.Grinch"  and the little heart on it's chest lights up when you squeeze it's hand. That makes me smile.

#2 Doc Martin













The show Doc Martin was highly recommended to me by my mom. I finally got around to checking out this British comedy/drama this week. Mom was right. It's lovely. The story is about a doctor who was once a top surgeon, but because he developed an irrational fear of blood he finds himself working as a general practitioner in a small seaside village. I love how perfectly the show blends the comedy and drama in the story lines together. I often find myself thinking of the hilarious comic moments during the day and giggling. I also love the characters. There is such a wonderful variety of different types of people and it is so fun to see how they interact with each other. I'm looking forward to watching much more of the show.


#1 New Christmas Vinyl



I ordered two new Christmas albums for my vinyl collection from Amazon, and both of them arrived this week. The first one I got was Michael Buble's Christmas album. I love this one for being so cheerful and jazzy. It's puts me in great holiday mood. I love the interpretations of the songs. The second album I got was A Penatonix Christmas which the newest Christmas album by the a cappella group Penatonix. I had heard some of the songs from this on YouTube but when I listened to the whole thing it knocked my socks off. The singing arrangements are so amazing. I also love how side A and B of the album have different personalities. Side A has traditional Christmas songs on it. Side B features less traditional songs that still fit the seasonal theme. The album gets extra points for including "The Coventry Carol" on it. I love that song and they sang it beautifully.









No comments: