Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Weekly Obsession Wednesday (8)

Hello people. Weekly obsession time. Mostly of these are just small comforts that have made my life lovely this week.

#5 Soft Clothing

My nervous system is a little off this week. This usually manifests in a variety of ways. This week it means I can only stand to wear clothing made of extremely soft fibers. I know I own a ton of this type of clothing and yet at this moment none of it seems to be clean. Of course that would be how it is. Insert eyeball roll here.

#4 Crochet

 I got excepted into a craft show with my business Cherise Accessories. I make a lot of hair accessories and hats. I either sew them or crochet my creations. I'm branching out into making small purses and water bottle bags. I want to have at least six or so before the craft show in April so I will be working hard. The first water bottle bag looks great though. When I get a water bottle to put it in I'll take a picture to show you all.

#3 Lost In Austen (Mini-Series)


This week I felt like re-watching this mini-series. It's about this woman named Amanda who switches places with Elizabeth Bennet of Pride and Prejudice. She ends up totally jacking up the whole story and hilarity ensues. I haven't watched it in awhile so I had forgotten quite a few of the funniest moments. I now recognize some of the actors on it from other really big shows. Lost In Austen features Hugh Bonneville from Downton Abbey. It also features has Tom Mison from Sleepy Hollow as Mr. Bingley. Except that he's blonde in Lost In Austen which takes some getting used after seeing him in Ichabod costume for so long. Anyway, I keep trying to get my mom to watch Lost in Austen with me but the timing is never right. Hopeful we will get around to watching it together soon, but until then it's just me.


#2 Comic Books

I always love comics but I've been extra tempted to go comic shopping this week. Mostly because I finished the first four issues of Supurbia and want to know what happens. Also I really want the fifth issue of Dance Class. Luckily ComiXology now has a wish list on their app. This has kept me saving instead of spending. The other lucky bit is that I forgot that I downloaded a long volume of X-Files comics. It a nice read in case you are wondering. Mulder and Scully are written so like...themselves. Haha!



#1 My LBD "Everyone Deserves Tea" Mug

Okay, I have actually owned this mug for several weeks. Yet, I continued to keep forgetting to mention how obsessed with it. I love it! As soon as I had some free cash I ordered it from the Lizzie Bennet Diaries site. It is just a great mug. It's nice looking and just the right size for my morning/night-time tea. Plus, I'm a super fan of the Lizzie Bennet Diaries so that is extra shiny. Wow! I just realized that a couple of these obsessions have to do with Pride and Prejudice. Yet, some how the book didn't actually make it on to the list, but I guess that's because I'm not reading it at the moment.

That's all folks. See you later. Keep it shiny!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Didn't know you were reading Superbia! I have the miniseries and I think the first five issues of the ongoing series. Unfortunately, it was one of the cuts when I had to massively trim my pull list. But it is an excellent series, and now I'm tempted to try and track down the remaining issues. Anxious to hear your thoughts on the issues you've read so far - you should do a review (hint!)