Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Beautiful Hobbies

Hey everyone. Here are the obsessions. Enjoy!

#3 The Puzzle Glue Works!












Last week I said I was going to use puzzles as decor. At the time I hadn't tried gluing them yet. I got Master Pieces Jigsaw Puzzle Glue, because it was the glue that the YouTube video person used. It worked! Not only did it glue all the pieces together, but it bought out the colors and made it glossy like a poster. You might not be able to tell in the picture how nice it looks, but looks lovely in real life. The glue was a little bit messy but very easy to use. I'm excited to frame the first puzzle I glued. I can't wait to see what the six Marvel themed puzzles I put together over the weekend look like when I glue them. I'm going to go online and wishlist more puzzles for decoration now that I know the glue works. Yes! I love doing puzzles!

#2 Poetry Magnets













I started to do a photograph series on my Twitter and Tumblr where I post a poem I created with Magnetic Poetry magnets every day. I came up with a fun idea where I pair a picture that I find on the internet with the poem. I think the result is both interesting and eye catching. I've enjoyed putting this segment together so much that I thought I would invest more in it. I decided to order a metal easel board so I had more space to spread out my words, and another set of Magnetic Poetry words. Making these poems has become a highlight of my day. I've also found that it helps me write these blog posts quicker because I'm technically practicing writing twice a day now. Awesome!

















#1 New Electric Mandolin












I'm still learning mandolin, but I deeply needed a slightly better one to work with. Last year on my birthday I got a really cheap one just to see if I liked playing it. I did enjoy it. However, the more mom and I worked on our music the more we saw that the cheap one was not working for what we were doing. Mostly because I couldn't plug into our amp without using a clip on pick up. The clip on didn't really help that much. Mom and the audience members could barely hear me playing. Ugg! Finally we had just had it. We did what we always do. We went on Amazon and found reasonable priced Oscar Schmidt Mandolin with a pick up. I love it! It's sounds pretty darn good. It also looks very cool and rock'n'roll. Getting this new instrument made me even more inspired to practice. Mom and I decided to learn how to play Micheal Jackson's Beat It. I'm playing Mandolin on it and she is playing Ukulele. It's going to be a lot of work but it is a very fun song to learn.

No comments: