Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Packing, Listening, Watching, Repeat

Good grief! It was a bit of a challenge to get this post going. I usually write this post the day before but yesterday had unexpected craziness including office internet issues. By the time I got home I was too tired to write so here I am writing this in the morning on the day. Anyway here are the obsessions for the week.

#3 Torchwood
















This is a brand new obsession for me. It started last night when I decided to watch an episode to chill after my long day. However, I feel like it should be a weekly obsession just because my mom talks about this show so much. Thus, I've been obsessed with wanting to watch it. Plus, it is a spin off of Doctor Who and since I'm watching that they mention it a lot making me want to watch it more. Basically the show follows a special opts team called Torchwood that deals with alien situations. I love that it has a nice mix of Sci-fi, drama, and comedy. The characters are interesting and the show is very fast paced. It keeps you engaged. This show is definitely for grown ups though where as more ages can watch Doctor Who. I'm actually watching an episode right now while writing this, because I'm weird and I can multi-task like that.

#2 Amber Run

I discovered this band when their song "I Found" was in an episode of Teen Wolf. The song caught my ear and made me want to check more of their songs out. I love it! I can't stop listening to their album. There are so many intriguing layers of sound and harmony. I think their song lyrics are creative as well. It is awesome music for just closing your eyes and listening to. It's great for working or reading as well. I also love that many of their music videos are like little short films. Here is one example of their video format.


#1 Moving and Books















Since I am moving soon it has become my job to pack up all the books in the books. My mom and I have accumulated a ridiculous collection of book. There are so many books that it is taking forever to pack them all, but I don't want to give very many of them away. I did get quite a few of them packed away. I was quite excited. Then I remembered the collection of books in the attic and basement. Sigh. Oh well it will get done eventually. Then it's just a matter of where to put them. I'm planning on getting all new bookcases when we more. I find that very exciting.

No comments: