Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Books and Songs

Here are my obsessions for the week. I'm just realizing that they might not that exciting but the are my obsessions none the less. Haha!

#3 Singing Love, You Didn't Do Right By Me

At some point in the week I got the Irving Berlin song "Love, You Didn't Do Right By Me" in my head. I have been singing it around the house at least once a day since. It really is a lovely little tune. I enjoy the rhyme scheme of the song. I'm thinking about maybe learning how to play it on one of my instruments. That might be super fun.



#2 The Illustrated Man













I finally got around to reading Ray Bradbury's short story collection The Illustrated Man this week. The stories in the book are all with in the science fiction genre and they center around the idea that the stories are being told through the magical future telling tattoos of the Illustrated Man. I meant to read it last year but never got around to it. I don't read short story collections very often due to my preference for long stories. However, I think it is important to read a short story collection once in a while and I was in the mood for some short stories. The Illustrated Man turned out to be a great read.  The stories contained a lot of interesting ideas and I finished the book very quickly. I would certainly read this book again sometime.

#1 Re-reading The Chronicles of Narnia














I have planned to re-read The Chronicles of Narnia this year and since there are only four months left in the year I thought I should get on that now. I decided to read them in the original publishing order instead of the chronological order this time around. Apparently there is a big debate on which order is best for reading the books. Since I read them in chronological order the first time I'm give publishing order a chance now. I breezed through The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and Prince Caspian in quick succession. I am now reading The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I am truly enjoying reading these books again. They are a wonderful books to escape into. As adult I am noticing different things in the stories and remembering things that I forgot. I haven't read them since I was twelve or thirteen or so after all. By the way, so far I prefer reading the in the original publishing order. We shall see if I still think that when I finish the series.

No comments: