Monday, November 17, 2014

Must See Movie Monday - Sabrina



Film: Sabrina
Released: 1954
Director: Billy Wilder
Starring: Humphrey Bogart, Audrey Hepburn, William Holden
Short Summary: A chauffeur's daughter becomes involved in an amusing love triangle with the two sons of her father's wealthy employers.

Why It's A Must See Movie

I love an Audrey Hepburn film and I love a movie that is just good clean fun. This movie has both factors. It's a film that puts a person at ease. It can be quite funny but quite heart felt as well. I love that about the film.

I like the way they show the passage of time in the movie. The first part of the film takes place over the period of two years. Most of the time when that happens in a movie it can literally feel like to years has passed for the viewer. In the case of Sabrina the time passes easily. They do that through devices like the letters Sabrina sends her father from Paris and hilarious scenes of Sabrina at cooking school. All this shows how the character develops without it taking forever. Now that I consider it I think that the pacing of the entire film is perfect not just the opening bits. It's really quite fast paced for a movie in its genre.

I enjoy all the characters in Sabrina. They all have their own quirks and strange sense of humor. I like that the dialogue is so snappy and fits the characters so well. I makes the movie very endearing. I think everyone should see this movie at least once. It's proves that simplicity in story can be just as lovely as complicated story lines. It will make you smile. I think even guys might like it.

No comments: