Monday, January 4, 2016

Must See Movie Monday - Inside Out



Film: Inside Out
Released:2015
Rated: PG
Directors: Pete Docter, Ronnie Del Carmen
Starring the Voices of: Amy Poehler, Phyllis Smith, Bill Hader, Lewis Black, Mindy Kaling
Short Summary: After 11 year old Riley's family moves from the Midwest to San Francisco her emotions-Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger, and Disgust- have a difference of opinion on how to deal with the situation. Insanity ensues.

Why It's A Must See Movie

You all know that I rarely choose a movie that I have only seen once for the Must See Movie segment. However, this weekend I finally got around to watching Inside Out and I consider it a must see movie. Disney Pixar films do a great job at making animated films that both children and adults can enjoy. Inside Out is no different. However I feel like this film in particularly is access-able to all ages, because it centers around emotions which is something all people have.

I loved how clever this film was. I mean just the idea that each emotion could be a separate character in a child's mind is brilliant alone. Add on to that the movie was brilliantly written and you've got a great film. I loved seeing the what a persons emotions would be like if they were characters. I also liked seeing how the emotion characters in a child's mind were different than those of an adult. I thought it was great to see in literal form how your emotions can grow and change as you get older and have new experiences. You can tell the writers asked themselves a lot of good questions and came up with good answers for those questions. The voice casting is wonderful. All the actors did a wonderful job at showing emotion with just their voices. The animation is whimsical, imaginative, and just flipping adorable.

The whole story is very engaging. I found myself talking to the TV screen. I was saying thing like "This is not good, this so not good!" or "Yay! Success!" or "Don't you dare lose those core memories!" Yes I am a wacky person, but I think this proves that the movie gets you involved and pulls at your heart strings. I may have cried a couple times. I'm sorry but when literal Joy gets sad one has the right to tear up. Haha! (Not the only part of the movie that made me cry by the way.)

Most of all I liked that the movie showed that it is okay to feel the way you feel, and it's okay to feel more than one thing as once. I think that is a message that people often forget about even adults. So if you are young or old I think you should jump on the Inside Out train and watch it. I think you will find it to be a worth while hour and half spent.

No comments: