Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tunes For Tuesday - Shakespeare Names: Female Characters Playlist

I was inspired by my Shakespeare acting classes to crate this playlist. I went looking to find 10 songs that featured the names of Shakepeare's heroines in the title. The result was eclectic playlist of songs that includes some artists that are new to me. Keep in mind that I wasn't trying to find songs that matched the stories just songs with names in the title. I also didn't try to find the name of every female Shakespearean character as to not drive myself crazy. I suppose that The Lumineers could have made it with both Ophelia and Cleopatra, but I didn't want to repeat the same artist. Haha! Hope you guys enjoy this playlist.
















Shakespeare Names: Female Characters Playlist

1. Ophelia - The Lumineers
2. Cordelia - The Tragically Hip
3. Song For Viola - Peter Bradley Adams
4. Desdemona - Dangermaker
5. Portia - Miles Davies
6. Juliet - Hanson
7. Helena - Nickel Creek
8. Miranda - Fleetwood Mac
9. Kate - Ben Folds Five
10. Beatrice - Robert Glassper


No comments: