Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Mostly About Books

Hello all. It was a very bookish week. Thus, so many book related obsessions. However, there is one music one on here for the music lovers. Let's go on with the obsessions.

#3 Daydreaming About Beautiful Book Sets

My mom and I were online this week looking for new editions of books that we own but that have gotten worn over time. In our search we discovered a company called Juniper Books. OH MY GOSH! This company makes the best looking book sets ever! They specialize in making specialty and custom book editions. They are literally works of art. I feel like I've spent several days just day dreaming over the amazing books they have. I don't have the money for them at the moment, but maybe it can get one for Christmas. I particularly love the Anne of Green Gables, Hunger Games, and A Series Of Unfortunate Events sets. However, every one of the books they sell is lovely and fun to dream on.


























#2 The Break Up by Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson



















I've been in the mood for guy and girl duo albums lately. One of my favorites is the Pete Yorn and Scalett Johansson album The Break Up. I love the instrumentation and the mix of their quirky vocals. It explores the story of a break up with interesting lyrics which makes it a cool concept album. I decided to check on Amazon to see if the album existed in vinyl. To my surprise it did. I ordered it this week and I am so excited to own it. It works perfectly in my collection with Raising Sand by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. All I need are some albums by The Civil Wars and Chairlift and I will be in duos in vinyl heaven.

#1 Reading Anne Of Green Gables


As some of you  might know I've had a tough time lately. Thus, I really needed to set my slightly depressing historical fiction books about Mary Queen of Scots and the Titanic aside and read something that made me happy. I still wanted to reading something historical because I'm I just can't get off the historical book kick I'm on right now. I thought the best thing to do would be to re-read Anne of Green Gables. I hadn't read that book in so long. I have always felt that the character Anne and I are "kindred spirits" and I knew reading about her would offer a great bookish escape. It certainly did. The book made me smile when I really needed to. I may have accidentally soaked the entire book in water when I was attempting to read it in the bath. An almost Anne Shirley like mistake. It's okay though because I need to get a new copy of the book anyway. Haha! I'm thinking I'm going to read the rest of the series now. I still need to read the last two or three books for the first time so why not?

No comments: