Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Fun Entertainment and New Vinyl

Hey everyone. Here are my obsessions for the week. All of them are super entertaining.

#3 Hell On Wheels












My mom discovered the AMC show Hell On Wheels on Netflix. She watched a few episodes and thought that it seemed like something that both my dad and I would like. We gave it a try and we did indeed find it highly enjoyable. Hell on Wheels is an American Western show that starts in 1865 and centers around several different characters involved the the creation of the Union Pacific Railroad. It's the type of show that always leaves you wondering what is going to happen next. There is such an interesting collection of characters with different viewpoints that something crazy and interesting is always going on. I like how snappy that dialogue is. It's very quotable. I'm very glad we started this series I can't wait to see what happens as the show goes on for the next five seasons.

#2 City of Fallen Angels













I recently started the fourth book in Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series City of Fallen Angels. This week I reached the middle point of the novel and then could not put it down from that point. The story had so many great turning points and reveals. I just had to finish it. It was a fun reading ride. It had a seriously mean cliff hanger though which makes me crazy. I'm reading the Mortal Instruments series and the Infernal Devices series in publishing order so I have to read the second book in the Infernal Devices before I read the fifth Mortal Instruments book. Goodness!

#1 Hot Fuss by The Killers In Vinyl













Several months ago I saw that Hot Fuss by The Killers was being re-released in Vinyl on January 13th. I have always loved that album so I put it on my Amazon wishlist so I would remember it. When I got some spending money for Christmas I knew that I was going to put it toward pre-ordering Hot Fuss so I could get it the day it came out. It arrived and I am so glad to own it. It sounds so excellent. I hadn't listened to the album in a while and I heard all sorts of new things in the sounds. I love it!

No comments: