Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Books and Music

Hello all. It's time for my obsessions for the week. I only really have two so no countdown this time, but I love these two thing none the less.

Finishing Otherland: City of Golden Shadow
















I made up my mind that I was going to finish the first book in the Otherland series by Tad Williams this week. I had been reading it for quite awhile, because it's quite long. I was nearly finished so I figured there was no reason not to try to complete it this week. I got it done on Monday. I'm so glad I read this book. It was such an epic beginning to a science fiction story. The world building and characters were amazing. I got the next three books in the series just before finished the first novel, because I've heard that binge reading these books is the best way read the Otherland series. I'm excited to get started on the second book.

Catching Up On Music I Should Have Already Listened To

I've slowly been trying to catch up on albums by bands that I enjoy but haven't listened to much in a few years.This week I took time to listen to Code and Keys(2011) and Kintsugi(2015) by Death Cab For Cutie as well as Oh My My (2016) by OneRepublic. I enjoyed all of these albums. It was fun revisiting these bands. They also just so happened to be great reading music for finishing Otherland. Haha! I'm not sure what albums I trying next. There are so many albums to catch up on.



No comments: