Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Project Clean Room, Pretty Bobbles, French, and February Concerts

Hello all. Time for the obsessions for this week. Yay! So many things this week that I'm excited about.

#5 Easy To Create Book Earrings












I randomly decided that I had to have some book earrings, because I love books. I knew that a product called Fairy Tale Bead Treasures had some ready made book beads for jewelry making. I got the beads and some earring hooks. Then I threw these little beauties together in less than ten minutes. I think I'm going to love them. They represent two of my favorite books Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre. I think I might try to make a bracelet out the the Romeo and Juliet one.

#4 Learning French With B+

My mom and I are both trying to learn a new language. Mom is learning Italian because she has been teaching her vocal students Italian songs. I am learning French because I teach ballet. Who knows maybe we will have the opportunity go to France and Italy. We found this awesome phone application called B+ to help us out. It breaks down the language you want to learn in to several short lessons. It takes you the pronunciation, grammar, and spelling step by step. It even sends you a reminder to make sure you practice. It's lovely! I think it is one of the best ways to learn a new language. Even if I can't speak it perfectly I think I will still have a lot of fun learning.

#3 Spider-Man Book Storage Box
















I love quirky storage boxes. They had a 50% off sale on boxes that looked like giant books at the Hobby Lobby. Hence, I am now the owner of this beautiful Spider-Man Book Box. I am super excited about it and I don't even know what I'm going to put in it yet.

#2 Echosmith Tickets!!!




















If you've following this blog for awhile you know that I am obsessed with the band Echosmith. When I found out that they were going to be playing at a small venue in town I knew I had to go see them live. My mom and I got tickets and they arrived in the mail this week. I am beyond overjoyed! I can't wait to see them in February!

#1 Project Clean Room So I Can Paint It Something Other That Hideous Pink

I am a messy person. I'm talking super sad messy. My room basically looks like Hoarders: Buried Alive. I'm not a hoarder because I have psychological issues. I'm a hoarder because I've spent years being too tired and lazy after work to clean. Also when things are too clean I can't find anything. (I know that is weird.) However, I just can't take it anymore! It's too messy. Another thing I can't take anymore it is that the walls are the worst shade of pink. I'm not that big on pink as it is but I think certain shades are particularly bad. The color so does not reflect my personality. It has not for years but yet again I've been too lazy to paint. I have made up my mind to clean my room and completely re-decorate. It's going to take me forever, but I think it will be worth it. I've already got some decor and storage ideas. The room is most likely going to be painted lime green. I'm not supplying a picture for this because the room is way too embarrassing to show off. The fact that I threw out six bags of trash in the first day of cleaning should give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

No comments: