Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Wallpaper and Brainstorming

Hello all. Here are this obsessions for this week. They are all kind of different. Which is super fun.

#3 Wallpaper Removal
















For over 20 years my parents and I have been living in a house with the most hideous wallpaper ever. Yes I still live at home with the parents. Yes, we are not decorating inclined people so we just left said hideous wallpaper up. Yes, the people that owned our house before us had weird taste. They literally put up two different types of wallpaper in the dining room and they are both ugly. The bottom wallpaper is falling off so I figured now is as good a time as any to finally get rid of the stuff and paint. It's turned out to be a fairly painless process so far. Since the paper was already peeling off I didn't need to steam it. I just used a paint scraper to carefully peel the paper so it would stay in one piece. Then I used a mixture of hot water and Dawn soap to remove anything that was left over. It's still going to take a while to peel it all off, but it shouldn't take too long. I'm kind of excited to paint the room.

#2 Poetry Work












I want to self publish some of the poetry I've been writing for years. I've spent a lot of time this week looking through all my notebooks and circling the poems I would like to put in my poetry book. I want the poems I pick to reflect me and my interests currently. It's been very interesting looking a my old work. Some of the stuff I wrote as a teenager was surprisingly insightful. I'm probably going to take some time this week to type up the poems and decide which ones I really want to keep or rework.

#1 My Vlog Video Concept

I've spent a great deal of time this week brainstorming my video concept for my vlog this week. I wanted it to be something kind of about Valentine's Day but not. I think I've finally come up with an idea that is good and fit me. Hopefully it will turn out as good in reality as it does in my mind.

No comments: