Monday, April 20, 2015

Must See Movie Monday - Charade

I found this trailer deeply amusing. I just have to tell you that.





Film: Charade
Released: 1963
Director: Stanley Donen
Starring: Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant
Short Summary: Regina Lampert's life changes when her estranged husband is murdered. Now several men are after her in order to find out where her dead husband has hidden the money he stole from the United States. Who can she trust?

Why It's A Must See Movie

I love this movie. For some reason it's one of those movies that always puts me in a good mood. It's rare that a film is a combination of suspense, comedy, and romance. It has a lot of elements to to tickle one's fancy which I think is why I like it so much.

The story structure of Charade is amazing. It always keeps you guessing. There are so many twists and turns in the plot that it makes it easy to relate to the main character, Regina, and her utter confusion. It makes the film very exciting. Even when you know what is going to happen you still want to relive the experience of the movie.

Part of why I can watch this movie over and over is because of its witty dialogue. It's fast paced and snazzy. It keeps you intrigued and often laughing. It also reveals so much about the characters and their quirks. By golly these characters have a lot of quirks. Which I love. Even the villainous characters have their own brand of villainous quirkiness.

I don't often talk about chemistry between actors despite how important it is in the romantic elements of a film. However, I'm going to discuss it today because Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant have it. The basis of their characters' relationship is a little out there but their on screen chemistry makes it believable. In addition to the delightful performance of the lead actors, the film also features several wonderful character actors that are equally as entertaining to watch.

I hope you all will check this movie out if you haven't seen it. It is definitely one of my favorites and I think a lot of people will enjoy it as well.

No comments: