Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Bookish, Brush-ish, and Music Loving

Hello all! Hope you're having a happy Wednesday. Here are my obsession for the week.

#3 Boar Bristle Hair Brush














My endeavor to grow out my hair in a quick and healthy way continues. I read that a boar bristle hair brush is beneficial to not only growing your hair but to improving the texture/condition of your hair. The reason why this type of brush helps your hair is because boar bristle carries sebum. This is the same natural oil that is produced by your scalp. By brushing your hair with boar bristle you are coating all of your hair from root to tip with natural oils. Even though my hair is still fairly short I figured it was finally long enough to invest in getting this type of brush. I got one off of Amazon that is reinforced with Nylon so that it goes through your hair smoothly. I've only used it for a few days, but I can tell you that this brush is great. Even though my hair was already in nice condition because of the other hair care things I'm doing I still saw a difference. My hair is even softer and it's easier to style because the brush gets rid of frizz as well. Yay!

#2 Hilary Duff's Breathe In, Breathe Out Album

I am in full on obsession mode with Hilary Duff's newest album Breathe In, Breathe Out. I wasn't a big of a fan of some her early Disney related work. However, I started loving her music around the release of her 2007 Dignity album, because it had interesting beats and lyrical content. I love this album for the same reason. I think the songs on Breathe In, Breathe Out are just good pop music. It's a nice mixture of fun catchy songs and songs that are quite deep with cool beats backing them. While Duff was a writer on only a few of the songs she did a great job of picking songs by other people that she could obviously relate too. The lyrics are good and you can dance to it. Of course I was going to love it. I'm particularly fond of the song Tattoo. I can't stop singing it.


#1 Reading A Little Princess



I started reading A Little Princess over the weekend. I intended to only read a couple chapters to unwind after uploading my vlog video. However, I started reading and just didn't stop. Before I knew it I was on page 90. When ever I thought about reading anything other than this book I found that I couldn't read anything else. I finished it on Tuesday. It was a lovely story. I'm glad I read it because it is a bit different than the movie adaptations that I've seen of it. The book is a little bit more realistic when I stop to think about it.

No comments: