Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - As Usual Music and TV

Hey all. I swear I haven't been watching as much TV as it seems like I have. I just started watching a couple new shows.

#3 Humans












You know that point where you become so obsessed with a show (in my case Merlin) that you have to find what else the actors have been in and then watch everything you can find. I'm starting with Colin Morgan's acting works. I decided to start with his newest show Humans. It is a science fiction story that take place in a parallel present where people have engaged the help of humanoid robots to help them with their busy lives. I am seriously enjoying this series! The idea of it is so creative. There is so much drama and mystery going on. I love how complex the characters are as well.

#2 Doctor Who













My mother and I have finally decided to join Sci-fi fan humanity and watch Doctor Who. Why did it take us so long to watch this?! It is just a whirligig of time and space traveling fun. What I love about Doctor Who is that you never know what to expect. I'm one of those people that can usually tell where a story is going half way through an episode of something. I can't do that with Doctor Who. It's awesome! I also like it because it's a great way to relax after a long or stressful day. It's just an excellent way to escape. I can see why so many people are obsessed with it. I can't wait to watch all the seasons. We're starting with the newest seasons and then we might go back and watch the vintage Doctor Who episodes.

#1 Learning Songs On The Bass













I'm getting to the point where I can play the bass decent enough that I can start to learn some songs I like. I can also make up my own bass lines if I want. I'm working on playing Radio Active by Imagine Dragons, Starlight by Muse, Every Breath You Take by The Police, and Breakeven by The Script. I'm also making up a bass line for a cover of Fix This by The Colourist. I love when I get good enough at playing these songs that I can play along with the music track of the original band. Sometimes I get to play with one of my moms guitar students for extra practice. It's very exciting. I can sit and play the bass for hours if I am allowed the time. I'm obsessed.

No comments: