Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Project Clear Skin and Justified

Hey all. Most of my obsessions have to do with my goal to get rid of my stupid adult acne but I did have some binge watching fun too. Haha!

#3 7th Heaven Masks











I had another face mask that I liked but lately stores have completely stopped selling bottled face masks. Since I don't feel like always having to order something online I needed a new plan. I found these individually packaged face masks called 7th Heaven. I loved these things. The great thing about them is that you can try a bunch of different types of masks without buy a huge bottle of anything. Also you can decide with mask you want to use based on what you notice is happening with your skin. They are also made with natural ingredients that will not only help with my acne but also with the acne scars. Awesome!

#2 Apple Cider Vinegar Toner














As you can see I am totally sick of my acne. Some of the problem is my diet (I'm trying to change it) and hormones, but some is just my skin in general. I did some research and I noticed that many websites suggested to use apple cider vinegar as a toner. It kills the bacteria that causes acne and reduces inflammation. It replenishes the natural acids in your skin that you wash away when you watch your face. You actually need these natural acids to protect your skin. Lastly it tightens your pores. All you have to do to make the toner is to get some organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar (make sure it has that weird brownish stuff in which is called the "Mother"), then you pour it into a glass container, and dilute it with some filtered water. You just rub it on your face with a cotton pad after you've washed your face then put on moisturizer. It's pretty easy and best of all I'm really starting to see a difference in my skin. My skin is much softer. I haven't used it long enough to completely cure my skin so I still get a few acne bumps, but the apple cider vinegar get rid of them so quickly that it's not so bad when I do get those pesky bumps. Why didn't I research this sooner?!

#1 Justified... Again









Okay so some long time readers are saying didn't you list the show Justified as a weekly obsession forever ago? Well yes I did. However, because I had terrible internet at the time I didn't get to watch past the first few episodes of season three. Flash-forward to now. My mom and I brainstormed for weeks about what to get my dad for Christmas. Finally one of the ideas we had was to get him the complete series of Justified. That show was totally his fandom even though he has no idea what a fandom is. He even has this adorable silly dance he does to the theme song. Haha! Anyway we spent much of his holiday break binge watching his new Justified box set and I fell in love with the series again. It's just so action packed. The characters are so well developed and the dialogue is brilliant. We are on season four. I can't wait to see where the rest of the show goes.

No comments: