Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - I Joined Instagram and Other Fun Things

Hello all! Glad to be back again this week for Weekly Obsessions. I actually have three this time.

#3 Wide Headbands


I recently cut off a little of my hair. Thus, it is a bit tough to get the back bits up if I want my wear my hair in an up-do. My mom suggested getting some wide headbands to solve this issue. I thought it was good advice. I went to Amazon and ordered a couple of different kinds. One was a set of flower printed turban style headbands. The other was a set of super wide headbands that you can wear in a variety of different ways depending on how you manipulate the fabric including as a hat or scarf. I'm happy with both styles of headband. They both are nice looking and comfortable enough that I can wear them all day.




#2 A Wrinkle in Time Graphic Novel




















To tell the truth I've been a bit obsessed with buying books lately. I ordered a few used and new books recently. It just so happens the graphic novel adaption of the book A Wrinkle in Time was one of the first to arrive. It looked lovely online when I discovered it, but the graphic novel is even more awesome in person. I love the book cover and the art is great. I like that the coloring of the art is black, white, and blue. It's such a cool edition of a book that I already love. I can't wait to get around to reading it in it's entirety but I need to finish a couple other books first.




#1 Instagram













My ballet teacher has been encouraging me to join Instagram. At first I resisted because I already have quite a few social media platforms going on. However, I realized that several of my non-online friends and family members are on Instagram and not on any other social media that I use. So it's a great way to connect with my family, old friends, and with my online friends too. I also realized that I share pictures quite a bit on my Twitter and Tumblr. I figured why not start an account on a site where you share pictures? On Sunday I finally started an Instagram. Now I'm obsessed with it. It's fun to see the things the people I know have posted about there lives. I like seeing the cool pictures people I don't know post. It's also fun to see the kind of things people like when I post my pictures. In addition now I can finally bookstagram a.k.a take pretty pictures of my book collection and show them off. I've always wanted to bookstagram, but didn't have Instagram. Why didn't I join Instagram sooner? Here's the link to my Instagram page. :)

No comments: