Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - It's All About Books...Literally

Hey everyone. My obsessions this week are all about books. All I wanted to do was read and think about bookish things over the week. At least you'll get to see a few of my bookish pictures that I made for Instagram. Haha!

#3 Used Books From Amazon

















My mom recently turned me on to getting used books off of Amazon. It was an awesome suggestion. It's a really great way to get lower prices on books or find older editions of books that you want. For example I got Firebird and The Black Swan by Mercedes Lacky for under $5 used and they are in very nice condition. The dust jackets only needed a tiny bit tape but other wise they are lovely. I think finding these books in hardcover with the original dust jackets would have been tough if I hadn't found them used, and I got them for a great deal. I'm very interested to read Firebird for the first time and The Black Swan for a second time. Now I've been wishlisting books on Amazon with the thought of getting them used in mind.

#2 Clockwork Prince


















My goal this month was to finish some of the books that I've been reading for awhile. One of those books was Clockwork Prince the second book in Cassandra Clare's Infernal devices series. It was so easy to complete this book because I loved it so much. I actually wasn't sure I would love it before I started it because I only liked the first book in the series. I was pleasantly surprised that I loved Clockwork Prince. It had a great balance of action and romance. I fell even more in love with the characters in this book. I was a lovely way to pass my reading time.

#1 Anne of Windy Poplars





I decided over the weekend that I was going to spend a great deal of time reading the forth Anne of Green Gables Series book Anne of Windy Poplars. Anne books are always a heart warming happy place for me, and this book is no different. I think this one has lovely quotes in it which is extra fun. I spent a rather lovely weekend reading this book. I still need to finish it but I'm enjoying the process immensely.


No comments: