Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Embellishments

Hey everyone. My weekly obsession are of course all new house related. It was a lot of work but I finally have enough moved in so that I can live, sleep, and work in the new place. It's very exciting.

#3 Wall Decals
















I decided to make my bathroom extra pretty. Firstly because it is fun. Secondly because I teach dance lessons out of the new house and my mom teaches music lessons. That means students will probably be using my bathroom on occasion. I thought a cool thing to decorate with would be some wall decals. I had never done one before so I decided to start small and just put a decal that said restroom in calligraphy on the door. That way people will easily know where the bathroom is. That decal was a great way to get a feel for doing the decal process, and it looks wonderful. Then I decided to try something a larger inside the bathroom. I'm planing to have a mermaid theme in there, so I got an adorable mermaid silhouette decal. That one took a little longer to put on because it was larger, but I love it. It's so pretty. You can't really tell from the picture but the blues in the mermaid decal work wonderfully with my new shower curtain. I think I could become addicted to wall decals. They're lovely pieces of art that I didn't have to paint or frame. Awesome!

#2 Earl Grey Tea
















I finally can get some use out of the Tassimo single cup coffee/tea/hot chocolate maker that I used to use back when I had a bigger dance studio. After I closed the studio I didn't really have a good place to put it in the old house. In this new house there is a perfect place for it. I am not much of a coffee drinker, but luckily Tassimo has tea choices available. I decided to go with Earl Grey which is was one of the few teas I hadn't tried yet. I am glad I gave it a go because it is a wonderful type of tea. I love the taste. Heck, I even love how it smells. I've have two cups a day for the last couple days. Yummy!

#1 Helping To Install The Dance Floor












Since I am teaching small classes and private dance lessons of all styles in the house now I needed a small dance floor to teach my lessons on. Luckily there is a bonus room that is perfect for teaching in. My first lesson is today. So my uncle and dad helped me over the long weekend by figuring out how to take a little bit of the large dance floor I had from my big studio days and format it for the bonus room. It turned out pretty well. I'm quite excited because it is a little bigger than the floor I was working on in an office space for the past 2 years. The floor is big enough now that I can actually practice in it with more advanced moves in my free time. Where as in the smaller office space I could only teach couple little kids and tap. Yay for more dance practice!

No comments: