Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Muti-Fandom, Muli-Verse

Hey everyone. It's a very geeky and fandom-ish weekly obsessions this week. Going to skip Thursdays post this week because of Thanksgiving. So happy Thanksgiving everyone.

#3 Classic Doctor Who









I find it relaxing to watch an old show before sleeping. Since I have recently discovered Doctor Who I thought it would be fun to watch the early Classic Doctor Who on Hulu. It is a totally different beast than the current Doctor Who but I still find it enjoyable. It kind of gives me the same feeling I get when I occasionally watch Dark Shadows, but it's sci-fi instead of vampires. Like most serial shows that started in the 60's there is a lot of running around, melodrama, and an endearingly odd theme song. I dig that the theme song for Doctor Who is still the same after all these years. It's fun to see what the Doctor was like in the beginning. The show was structured a bit like the way comic books run which is pretty neat. I'm intrigued to see how it developed over time to what it is now.

#2 Mockingjay Part 1 and 2













A friend of mine wanted to go see the last Hunger Games film. Even though I'm a big fan of the books and movies I still hadn't seen Mockingjay Part 1. I wanted to wait until part 2 was released so I could watch them one after the other. My friend came over to my house to watch Mockingjay part 1 with me in preparation. It was a lot of fun to hang out and watch it with her. It was very excited about the conclusion. My friend hasn't read the books so it was difficult for me not to spoil the surprises that would be in the last film. We went to see Mockingjay Part 2 in the theater the next day. I highly enjoyed it. I'm am so happy that all the Hunger Games movies have stayed true to the books. Anything they added or took away from the story serviced the films. I liked seeing the reactions of people who hadn't read the books to the events in the story. It made the story seem new again. I can't wait to watch the movie again with my mom so we can do the serious movie analysis thing we do after we watch any movie together.

#1 Edge of Spider-Verse Mini-Series














This is another case where Comixology was having an epic sale so I had to buy some comics. This time it was on the comics in the Edge of Spider-Verse mini-series along with the spin-off Spider-Gwen. It was a series I had been interested in and I thought I would get some of them while they were on sale. I'm not great at explaining the premise of this series but I will leave a link below that explains it better. It has been a fun read. I love seeing the differences between all the spider-men and women in different universes. It really shows how different choices, time periods, experiences, and skills can change the events of a story. I also got some issues of Spider-Gwen to read later. She makes a pretty awesome Spider-Woman, so I'm excited to read those as well. I might look into getting some the other comics involved in the entire Spider-Verse event too. Click Here For More Info On The Spider-Verse!

No comments: