Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tunes For Tuesday - January & February The Books I Read Playlist (2016)

Hello all. I got the idea for this wacky playlist yesterday. I often associate the books I read with at least one song. Thus, I thought every two months I could make a playlist for the songs I thought of that fit the books I read during those months. I wrote a little bit about why I picked the songs. I read seven books in January and February, so here are seven tunes for those book. Full playlist is below from YouTube. Went with YouTube this time because I wanted to use a Taylor Swift song, and also the playlist works for my BookTube channel.



Book 1: Marvel's Pride and Prejudice Comic Adaptation by Nancy Butler
Song: The Walk by Imogen Heap
I always associate "The Walk" with Pride and Prejudice for some reason even though it's a very modern song. I think it's because it is a song that studies the idea of being attracted to some one that you don't want to be attracted to or at least you don't think you should be drawn to them. Lizzy and Darcy often feel that way in the book. Since I read the comic book adaptation of the book I thought idea of choosing a modern type song worked for me.




Book 2: Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
Song: Total Eclipse of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler
In the novel the main characters Pat and Tiffany do a dance to this song. I had to pick this song for that reason. I also think that it fits the feelings of how Pat and Tiffany feel about their past spouses perfectly, which is probably why the author used it in the book.







Book 3: The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker
Song: Bottom Of The River by Delta Rae
I didn't pick this song for the lyrics so much as the mood. It reminds me of the dark feel of the book. However, I do feel that the imagery of the lyrics matches up with the imagery in the book.







Book 4: Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Song: Enchanted by Taylor Swift
I didn't pick this song just because it's called "Enchanted." That was just a happy bit of irony. I picked this song because it definitely fits how the characters Ella and Prince Char feel about each other every time they meet in this book. It's the perfect song for that couple.






Book 5: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Song: Beyond The Veil by Lindsay Stirling
This is an instrumental song but it still makes me think of City of Bones. The title is perfect because the first book in The Mortal Instruments series is about the character Clary learning to see beyond the veil of the Mundane world and see the unseen world with her Shadowhunter eyes. I also think the song fits because it sounds like a impending battle. Very fitting I should think.





Book 6: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Song: Warriors by Imagine Dragons
This song actually came on while I was reading this book. It was one of those moments where the song fits exactly what you are reading. I feel like this song is about losing innocence in order to be able to fight for a greater cause and calling. It's an idea that is certainly explored in this book. Also it's was just good background music for fight scenes in the novel.





7. Book: We Were Liars by E. Lockheart
Song: Cool As Fire by Chairlift
I wanted to pick a song for this book that wouldn't spoil the novel. It's a book that is really easy to spoil if you compare it to anything. It was tricky but I thought "Cool As Fire" fit We Were Liars very well. It carries the same sort of longing feeling as the book. In fact most of the lyrics fit the book exactly, and all without spoiling anything.

That's my bookish playlist for this month. I hope you enjoyed this. Keep it shiny!


No comments: