Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Monster and The Return to Anime

Hello all! I only have two obsessions this week, but I still wanted to share them. Off we go!

#2 Your Lie In April












I was struck by a sudden need to watch an anime series. I haven't watched one in awhile. I started scanning Netflix's small anime collection on stream and found Your Lie In April. I was intrigued by the title as well as a summary. The story is about a young piano prodigy who has found himself unable to play since his abusive mother who was also a his piano teacher died. The show centers around his friends inspiring him to start playing piano again. Since I've started this anime I have gotten very attached to it. The characters and the relationships between them are fun to watch. I also love that it centers around music and musicians. I often find myself watching several episodes in a row just to see how the music competitions turn out.

#1 Monster by Frank Peretti



The book Monster by Frank Peretti was a book that I put on my reading list for this year. I decided to pick it up this week. I had plans to finish it rather quickly, because there are a lot of books that I want to get to this month. Luckily Monster made it very easy to read it quickly. This story about a survival weekend gone awry was so exciting. I immediately was captured by the action, plot, and characters. I expected it to be a supernatural thriller but it actually took an almost science fiction direction which was fun. Frank Peretti writes such wonderful Christian fiction books. I need to read even more of them.

No comments: