Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Weekly Obsession Wednesday - Dark Shadows, Vinyl, and The Double Concert Weekend

Hello All. It's time for weekly obsessions. Yay!

Dark Shadows: The Beginning

I've been having trouble sleeping over the week. Thus, I was looking for a show to relax me before sleep, or to watch when I wake up in the middle of the night. Then I remembered that the 60's and 70's Gothic soap opera Dark Shadows is always something I find relaxing. I recently discovered that Amazon has some of the Dark Shadows: The Beginning collection available to stream. I'm pretty excited about this because I've always wanted to watch the show from the very beginning. I've always watched Dark Shadows in a wacky order that made no sense to anyone but me, and I've never watched any of the show before the introduction of the famous vampire Barnabas Collins. I'm really enjoying watching Dark Shadows from the start. I've learned some new things about the characters that I never knew. Plus, as I said before I do find the show oddly relaxing even though it features some vintage creepy soap opera music and soap opera drama.



Vinyl and The Double Concert Weekend

Going to chat about my new vinyl and the concerts I went to over the weekend in one section, because I got the vinyl at the concerts.

The first concert I got to attend was the Jonathan Jackson and Enation concert. If you have followed this blog for a while to you know Enation is one of my favorite bands. I went to the concert with my mom and we had a great time. We both are the kind of concert goers that dance like crazy people at a rock concert. It was so fun to watch Enation perform. They are so talented. Their musicianship is so on point, and it always amazes me that Jonathan Jackson sings so high for the whole concert. I of course had to get some merchandise after the concert. Since I already have their current album on CD I decided to get their previous album in vinyl. I also got a new Enation shirt. I love the design on the front of it.




















The very next day my mom and I went to yet another concert. This time it was to see Alison Krauss perform. Alison Krauss is one of my favorite singers ever. So you can guess that I was super excited to finally be able to see her in concert. The concert was even better than I could have ever expected. Not only was Alison great but every one who played with her was wonderful. They played every song I could have wanted to hear at an Alison Krauss concert. My mom and I couldn't help harmonizing with her singing in out seats. Luckily no one gave us dirty looks or kicked us out for singing. Haha! My concert dreams certainly came true. I also ended up getting a shirt and her most recent album in vinyl to commemorate the experience. I love that some of the songs on the newer album, Windy City, have just a touch of a jazz style within the bluegrass. 










No comments: